Friday, January 14, 2011

Crunch time!

Ah, I just love exam time. You just get this real relaxed feeling about you. Okay, that was blatant sarcasm of course, however I've been told and this is probably obvious to most of the human race; it is better for your health and for your performance to relax! I've kind of learned this the hard way over many years. Mind you I still get very stressed before an exam, especially if it's concerning music (which this exam is).
With that being said I haven't had the time, or the energy to really practice any songs that aren't for the exam so this means it's going to be a fair bit longer before I can get any covers recorded as well as my own stuff. Which actually brings me to a reason why I don't like music exams, because as I get higher in grade my practice sessions get longer and so do the pieces and all the technical practice. This results in me having less time (and less energy!) to work on music I'm truly passionate about. Don't get me wrong the music I do have to play for exam purposes, I like, I even like it a lot, just obviously not as much as the styles I play outside of the exam field. I also haven't had the time to work on my latest electronic work either which saddens me greatly, but I'm hoping to have it finished in the near future, though I can't be specific on when it will be done.
I leave you with a couple things. Firstly check this guy out! He's a good friend of mine who plays the drums very well and I'm privileged to be able to jam with him and perform with him. Link is here! this cover is of Kanye West's "All of the Lights. Secondly my favorite track for this post will be a track by Vast Vision, released near the end of 2010, it's called "Friendly Faces". It's got a nice somewhat heavy bassline and some good melodies that move me! Link is Here!

Catch you next time!

So many exclamation marks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment